Infection Control | North Raleigh NC
Our office follows procedures recommended by several federal agencies: the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Additionally, we work closely with a third party compliance firm called Total Medical Compliance that evaluates our safety procedures and policies annually.
We have always prioritized sterilization and infection control to ensure the safety of our patients and team. Due to COVID-19, our practice has invested in additional safeguards to further protect those in our office, including the use of a surgical strength air purifier and fogger. We use Surgically Clean Air, a large air purifier that completely recirculates the air in an entire operatory between patients.
- Sterilization of all reusable equipment using an autoclave
- Gloves, gowns, face shields and N-95 face masks
- Chemical disinfection of countertops and surfaces
- Disinfectant hand soap
- Disposable materials
- Surgically Clean Air purification units in all operatories
COVID-19 Infection Control Protocol Enhancements
We have closely monitored governmental and health care rulings and guidance that has recently been issued in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, and have worked to enhance the already rigorous infection control protocols in place in our office. You will see the following changes when it is time for your next appointment:
- Our office will ask some screening questions before your appointment. You will be asked the questions again when you arrive. Patients and staff will have their temperatures checked.
- We require all patients to bring masks or facial coverings to wear while in our office. Our clinical staff is equipped with enhanced PPE (including face shields, gowns, and N-95 filtration masks) and our front office staff wears masks behind Plexiglas partitions.
- We will ask that you use our touchless hand sanitizer near the reception desk upon entering the office. Additional hand sanitizer is located throughout the office to use as needed.
- Our waiting room is reserved for patients only. We kindly ask that anyone accompanying the patient wait outside. We will no longer offer magazines, food or drink in the waiting area. Common areas will be disinfected frequently throughout the day.
- All operatory surfaces will continue to be thoroughly cleaned with hospital grade disinfectant before and after each patient.
- You will notice our operatories are now equipped with air purification units that completely recirculate the air in the operatory between patients.
- We ask that you call or text our office upon arrival for your appointment. We will then let you know when we are ready for you to enter in order to minimize contact with other patients. You will see these instructions on the door before you enter.
- Appropriate appointments can be done by telemedicine. Please call if you are interested in scheduling a telemedicine appointment.
The best defense against disease is information. The more you know about our daily procedures and policies, the more comfortable you will feel when visiting us.
We're Here To Help!
Call us with any questions or to schedule an appointment!